- When a student first enrolls option will apply at any time a student is enrolled in Core and syncs to Raiser's Edge.
- When the school year starts option will be added to new records the first time the record is processed with the integration after the designated school year starts. If the code is removed or does not exist the code will be added again every time the record processes in the integration. The constituent code will also be added to existing constituent records with a valid starting school year that process through the integration.
- If a student leaves without graduating option will populate the existing constituent code from the previous options with an end date in Raiser's Edge and/or add an additional constituent code.
- When a student graduates option will populate the existing constituent code from the previous options with an end date in Raiser's Edge and/or add an additional constituent code.
Constituent codes for parents of students may apply or update with multiple start and end dates in Raiser's Edge depending on the number of student relationships and current role status. For example, a parent with multiple student relationships, including relationships with current students and graduated alumni students will appear in Raiser's Edge with both constituent codes and open constituent code dates. The constituent code Date to and Date from appear in Raiser's Edge as dd/mm/yyyy and reflect the date the record was processed from Connect RE.
The list of constituent codes available in the integration Settings section pull from the Raiser's Edge, Configuration, Tables, Constituent Codes category. Supervisor users can add, edit, or clean up the available options here which will automatically update in Connect RE. The constituent code updates and changes made in Connect RE are triggered from the role change in Core, not changes in the fiscal or school year. Users can navigate to Core, Users/Access, and select the Role Membership link in the constituents profile to verify their current role.
NOTE: Some users report invalid or unexpected constituent codes applied to records processed through the integration. This can occur when Raiser's Edge Business Rules are configured to apply additional student or alumni codes. Navigate to the following to check your Raiser's Edge configuration:
1. Navigate to Configuration and select Business Rules
2. Select Alumni options
3. Note the selection in the 'When entering education information, if 'primary alumni' is checked..."