This is resolved in Raiser's Edge 7.96, patch 7 and above. If your database is installed locally, download and install the latest version and patch, if applicable.
This error can be avoided by taking the following steps before disabling TLS 1.0:
- Ensure all RE-using workstations and the server support TLS 1.2:
- For workstations and servers, ensure ODBC driver 11 or later is installed.
- For servers, install the appropriate SQL Server update to ensure TLS 1.2 support. Updates for various SQL Server versions here. TLS 1.2 support is not available for express instances of SQL server. If your organization needs to disable TLS 1.0, upgrade to a full version of SQL Server. Additional components for full support of TLS 1.2 on the client side can be found below the links to updates.
- Install patch 7 or above. How to install The Raiser's Edge patch (includes video demo)
- In the Blackbaud Management Console, edit the description of the RE database or detach and reattach the database. This pushes a registry update out to the workstations. How to change a database description
- Disable TLS 1.0 as desired.