Option 1: The Group Sales Revenue Report
The Group Sales Revenue Report is a great option if you need to see revenue totals for each group and you are using a Group Type to track different types of Facility Rentals. This report will display the group name, arrival date, number of visitors, order total, amount paid, discounts, refunds, overages kept, and the balance owed. The report also indicates what groups have been checked in by displaying a green check next to the reservation name. To run the report:
- Go to Sales
- Under Reports, click Group Sales Revenue
- Select the Report parameters accordingly to display the facility rentals you would like to include in your report. If you're only reporting on facility rental reservations, we recommend checking the applicable Group Types under Group Type.
- Click View Report.
Option 2: Run the Sales Report
The Sales Report will allow you to see revenue totals broken down by item. This report will include programs, facilities, and resources under their applicable categories. Important Note: Group sales reservations must be checked in/completed in order to show in this report.
- Go to Sales
- Under Reports, click Sales
- Select the Report parameters accordingly to display the group sales reservations you would like to include in your report. We recommend filtering on Sales method is equal to Group Sales
- Click View Report.
Option 3: Build a Sales Order Query
If the above canned reports don't meet your needs for a facility rental report, you may also create a Sales Order query to export data about facility rentals that you can use for reporting. Here are the instructions to build a commonly used query:
- Start your query:
- Go to Analysis > Information Library
- Click Add an ad-hoc query
- Select the source view of Sales orders and click OK. The New Ad-hoc Query screen will appear.
- Add fields to Include records where to indicate what groups you'd like to report on:
- First, to only view Group Sales, from the middle column, drag Sales method type to Include records where. Set this to be equal to Group Sales.
- Next, if you'd like to eliminate any cancelled groups, from the middle column, drag Sales order status to Include records where. Set this to be not equal to Cancelled. Note: If you want to match the Sales Reports above, you can set this filter to be equal to Complete instead. Sales Reports only consider completed/checked in groups.
- Next, because we will be reporting on facility rentals only, from the left column, highlight Sales Order Item. From the middle column, drag Type into Include Records Where. Set this field to be equal to the items you want to include. We recommend if you're reporting on facility rentals, you include Facility. If you would also like to report on any resources, you may also use Resources (listed as "Itinerary Supply/Equipment Resource," "Itinerary Item Supply/Equipment Resource," "Itinerary Staffing Resource," "Itinerary Item Staffing Resources.") This will ensure we are only reporting on the facility rental related revenue in our query results.
- If you'd like to only view groups that arrived or are scheduled to arrive during a certain date range, from the left column, highlight Reservation. From the middle column, drag Arrival date to Include records where. Set this to be equal to or between your range of dates. Here is how your query should look so far:
- (Optional) If you would like to filter your query to only include groups of a specific group type, from the left column, expand Reservation. Highlight Itineraries. From the middle column, drag Group Type to Include records where. Set this to be equal to or one of your specific group type.
- Next, we will add fields to Results Fields to Display to view details about the facility rental revenue:
- (Optional) To output the name of the reservation, from the left column, highlight the Reservation node. From the middle column, drag Name to results fields to display. This will display the reservation name.
- Next, we will output details about the items that we need for reporting. From the left column, highlight Sales Order Item. From the middle column, drag the following to Results fields to display:
- Type, which will display what type of item they purchased (a facility versus a resource)
- Description, which will be a description of the item (for example the name of the location being rented or the name of the resource)
- Net Amount, which will display how much they paid for the item
- Quantity, which will display how many items they rented (mostly applicable to resources)
- Here is an example of what the final query may look like:
- Preview Results:
- The next step is to preview your query results. This is a good time to double check the accuracy of the query you have created, especially if you have outputted additional details. Group reservations have many one-to-many fields that can cause query to duplicate results. We recommend choosing a group from your list and comparing the query to the group's itinerary to make sure you have all of the details you need and they are not duplicated.
- You will notice the query will present you with the raw data. Since query is not a reporting tool, it is best to synthesize this data outside of the system in the way you would like to view it. Here is an example of how your results may look:
- Save your query and analyze your results.