Import the CSV file into NetCommunity and create the list:
1. Log into NetCommunity as an Administrator 2. Go to: Email > Lists 3. Click: New list - the Select Data Source window will open 4. Choose Data Source: Imported Lists 5. Click OK 6. On Propeties tab enter the name you want displayed for the list: 7. Under Load File section, click: Choose File 8. Select the CSV file on your computer that will be used for the list 9. Click: Next - The screen will refresh 10. In the Field mapping section associate the coloumns that will be used for the Email Address and Recipient Display Name 11. Save
Create an email template and associate it with the imported list:
1. Go to Emails > Templates 2. Click New Template 3. On the Properties tab, enter the Template Name 4. For Data Source:
- Select "None" - If you will be using constituent lists, imported list or multiple lists with this template. *NOTE* YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE MERGE FIELDS WHEN A TEMPLATE IS CREATED USING THE DATA SOURCE "NONE"
- Select the name of the Imported list that you you created above - You can only choose one. *NOTE: You will be allowed to use merge fields but will not be able to change the list or select multiple lists for emails created using this template.
5. Enter the subject, From name and From address 6. Click: Save 7. The Design tab will load and you will be in the template editor 8. Enter the content for the body of the email - Reference the email guide
To add a link to the User Email Preferences Page: - Highlight the the text to be used as the link to the User Email Preferences - click; Insert > Link, in the toolbar - Mark the radio button next to: Create link to special page - From the dropdown, select the page that is disignated as the: (Email Preferences Page) - Click: Insert
9. Click: Save
Create and send a new message:
10. Click: New Message - to create a new email message based on this template
*NOTE: If you selected an Imported List in the template, the Recipients List section will be locked to that list and you will not be able to change or add additional lists to this mailing.
11. Enter any required information and update the body of your message as needed 12. Save and Send test messages according until you are ready to send you completed message 13. Click Send Final when ready to send.