- Confirm the Password Reset Email is being Triggered and confirm the email address being utilized
- Edit the Form Display or User Login part, depending on which the user is triggering the Password Reset from
- Click the Forgotten Password/Username Email button in the upper left
- Confirm the Name of email
- Navigate to Email>Acknowledgements
- Search for the Email name you found in step 1c
- Click the Graph next to the email
- Click the Messages tab
- Confirm the Email address being utilized
- If no email address or line item is generating after triggering a password reset, this indicates that email address is not linked to a BBNC User. Update email address associated with the username. If using Raiser's Edge, and the user has recently signed up as a user, it's possible there may be an outstanding signup request in the plugin. Please process any outstanding signup requests in the NetCommunity plugin.
- If the email address is incorrect, update email address associated with the username
- Invalid Accounts/Opt Outs
- How to send to an email address listed under invalid accounts
- Error: Blocked Address. The recipient reported a previous message from your organization as SPAM
- Confirm the user is Opted Out and if they are, they need to be Opted In
- Spam/Junk Folder
- If under Step 1h, the email address is correct and there is a Sent Date, this indicates NetCommunity is delivering the email from our system to the intended recipient. The recipient should check their Spam/Junk folder for the forgotten password email.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.