Custom Allocating a Payment Processed Through Smart
- Pull up the family's main landing page.
- Hover over the blue tab on the left-hand side > select View Payment History
- On the right-hand side of each payment will be a button that says "Edit Payment Allocation"
- Click on Edit Payment Allocation for the payment you'd like to adjust
- Ensure that the Unassign button is in green then click Submit
- The system will ask if you're sure, click on the orange check mark.
- Click on Edit Payment Allocation
- Click on Custom
- Select the billing item or items you'd like to allocate funds to.
- Select how you would like to apply the payment
Spread Into Current Or Next Billing Months: will apply as much of the payment as possible to the current month and will rollover the excess amounts into the following months.
Spread Evenly Across All Available Months: will front-load the billing item(s). In other words, it will divide the payment evenly, subtract it from all months and add that amount into the current month.
Apply to Specific Months: will allow you to select the amount to be allocated to specific months.
- Click Submit
- The system will ask if you're sure to click on the orange check mark.
Custom Allocating when applying an In-School Payment
- Pull up the family's main landing page
- Hover over the blue tab on the left-hand side > Select Add A Payment
- Click method of payment made by family (cash, check, etc.) Feel free to include any additional necessary information in the Payment Description.
- Type in payment amount in the Payment Amount cell.
- Click on Custom Allocation
- Follow Steps 9-12 on the above