This was resolved in The Raiser's Edge 7.96, patch 8, which was released in January - February 2018 and applied to databases in Blackbaud Hosting Services. If your database is installed locally, download and install the latest version and patch, if applicable.
This appears to be caused by the Original Pledge Amount field in the batch, which may be populated with the value -1. Deleting this field from the batch allows the batch to be committed like normal.
- Open the existing batch.
- Note: Do not click within the batch grid, as this may prompt the error to occur.
- Go to Tools > Edit Batch Setup
- Locate the existing field of Original Pledge Amount in the Data Entry Fields section
- Remove the field by highlighting and selecting the left arrow
- Select Data Entry
- Proceed with processing the batch
If loading fields from an existing batch, the Original Pledge Amount field may be incorrectly populating. Recreate the batch template that you are loading existing fields from or select the fields manually.