We have evaluated this issue and determined it’s a bug introduced by patch 7. The field Primary Salutation or Gender may have changed to First Name.
We anticipate this will be resolved in patch 8, planned for release in early 2018. We will update this article when we have more information.
DO NOT commit Constituent Batches without reviewing the information in them. If the batch is committed when there are two First Name columns, only the second will be committed to the record. This could result in incorrect first names on constituent records.
To resolve this issue in patch 7:
If the batch contains two First Name fields:
- Review the contents of each First Name column.
- One column may contain Primary Salutations instead of First Names. Note the incorrect column.
- Go to Tools > Edit batch setup.
- Click the Fields tab.
- Find the field in the right pane that contains Primary Salutations instead of First Names. Remove from the right pane.
- If needed, add Primary Salutation (and any other needed fields) from the left pane to the right.
- Click Data Entry.