- Go to Sales, then in the Daily Tasks section click Approve Closed Drawers
- Locate the drawers with a status of Submitted. The Cash over/(short) and Check over/(short) columns should be balanced ($0.00)
The details are broken down by payment method (Cash, Check, and Other payments). For cash and checks, Expected payments are compared to Actual payments. This detail may be helpful in determining an error that was made while closing the drawer. For example, the expected check count could be 3 but the number of checks counted is 2. This might be an indication that a check was missed during the close drawer process and not counted.
- For more information on determining discrepancies you can view the Closed Drawer report. To view the Closed Drawer report for a closed drawer, click the username hyperlink in blue for the drawer
- On this Closed Drawer report you can view the transactions by checking the Transaction Details box, then clicking View Report
- Go back to Sales > Approve Closed Drawers, click the drop-down arrows next to the drawer click Edit to make any needed changes. For example, you may choose to recount and reenter the cash from the drawer if the Cash over/(short) was not zero. You can also drill down into the individual transactions by clicking View transactions
- Click Save if you made any changes. Otherwise, click Cancel
- Once you are ready to approve the status of the Submitted drawer, click the drop-down arrow next to it and click Approve Selected
- You are prompted to mark the drawers Approved. Click Yes to approve the Submitted drawers. If you do not want to approve the Submitted drawers, click No.
- Once approved the drawer status will change from Submitted to Approved