- Go to Opportunity > Portfolios > Opportunities
- Search for the opportunity where the application was awarded from; click View to open the opportunity
- Select the Applications tab
- Locate the applicant who was incorrectly awarded; mark the Select box in their row
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, click on Act on Selected, and select Categorize
- A new window will open, prompting you to Choose a Category; select a non-encumbering category such as Submitted or Declined
- Click the green Categorize button
- The application will be recategorized; however, the award amount and award period will remain for historical purposes. This information will be visible in a light grey color. It is recommended that you add a Note to the application record for documentation purposes.
- If the award triggered an offer email or other notification to the applicant, it is recommended that you contact the applicant to explain the issue.
- Any funds previously encumbered for the application will be automatically released back to the opportunity. You may re-offer these funds to another application if desired.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.