There are a few options we can pursue:
A- Sales Order Transaction page
- If you are on sales order transaction page, you will see the name of the program event and price type identified in the details of the sales order. Click on the name of the event and price type.
- Click the name of the program on the event record just above the name of the title.
- You will see the category listed on the program record.
- Select the "Events" tab in the main navigation.
- You can then enter the name of the event in the search field. Search for and select the event.
- From the event record you can access the program details like mentioned above.
Start your Query:
- You can set up a Program query in which your criteria focuses on name of the program event. To do this navigate to Analysis, the click on Information Library.
- Click Add an ad-hoc query.
- Select source view of "Program Query" and click OK.
- In the left column, click on Program Events. From the middle column drag Name into Include records where. Set the criteria to help find the event name contains a part of the event name.
- To add the name of program: From the middle column select Name and drag it into the Results fields to display.
- To display the program category. From the middle column select Category and drag it into the Results fields to display.
- To see the name of the program event. From the left column click on Program Events. From the middle column drag Name into Results fields to display.
- Click Set save options tab.
- Name the query
The output displays the name of the parent program and program category