The Opt-outs number displayed on the Email Report (Honeycomb) is not a count of opt-outs/unsubscribes received from that email. It's not a "real-time" indicator. For the "real-time" counts, look in the Honeycomb (hexagons) with numbers on the left.
The displayed Opt-outs count and the count shown when clicking through the count can be different:
- If the displayed count is 0 (zero), then there were no opt-outs recorded at the time that the message was sent.
- If the displayed count is 0 (zero) and clicking on it shows a count, the listed Opt-outs were received since this message was sent. The displayed count does not change because it records the number of Opt-outs at the time the message was sent.
- If the displayed count is less than the count shown when clicking on it, the difference is a combination opt-outs present when the email message was sent and opt-outs received since this message was sent.
- A difference between the displayed Opt-outs count and the count when clicking through does not necessarily mean that the recipient clicked through this email to opt out. If a recipient opted out through a different email's opt-out link (whether the email used the same or different list), then that opt-out may appear here.
A detailed report regarding clicks on the Opt-out link can be run in one of these ways. (Note: These are just clicks on the Opt-out link, not actual Opt-outs.):
- In the Honeycomb email report, click on the number under Clicks (between Opens and Transactions).
- On the right below the Opt-outs count, click on Additional Information and then view either the Click Map or the Click Report.
When a Constituent List is loaded into NetCommunity, the list will show all applicable constituents regardless of their Requests No Email setting. The Requests No Email setting is applied at the time of a message send. So if the list query includes constituents with Requests No Email, the constituents will appear as opted out because (1) they were on the list due to the query and (2) Requests No Email was applied at the time of send. For an accurate Opt-outs count for a Constituent List email, be sure to:
- Process all NetCommunity profile updates in the NetCommunity plug-in in The Raiser's Edge before sending an email message.
- In Raiser's Edge queries used for Constituent Lists, add the criteria Constituent > Requests No Email equals No to remove constituents who have Requests No Email checked so they do not load at all. (Note: Email lists are always refreshed at the time of the send in case someone's Requests No Email setting changes.)