- Navigate to onRecord > Procedures > Grading
- Click on Manage Grades and find an example of a student and course where a passing grade is recorded but no credits attempted or awarded
- Go to Core > School > Departments and Courses
- Locate the course and click Edit
- Select the Grading tab
- If nothing is entered in the Total Credits field, add the amount of credit a student will earn if they successfully complete the course
- If there are Total Credits entered, note the name of the Standard Grade Plan Group that is tied to the course
- Navigate to onRecord > Settings > Grading
- Click on School year setup
- Select the Grade Plan Group noted in step 7 above from the drop-down
- Click View
If the Grade Plan does not show a bold "E" in front of it, there is no designated end of term grade and credits will not be awarded.
If the Grade Plan has a bold "E" in front of the name and you are still not seeing credits on the transcript then the next step is to view the Grade Plan Detail. If the Grade Plan Detail shows a bold "T" and a bold "F" then the grade that needs to be used on the Transcript is the grade description with the bold "F" in front of it.
If the Grade Plan Detail just shows a bold "F" and not a bold "T", then any grade can be used on the transcript to display the credits.
After reviewing the areas mentioned above, if credits are still not appearing on the transcript, the next step is to take a look at the Course Details to see if the checkbox, Specify Credits per Term, is checked.
Accessing Course Details
- Navigate to Core > Schools > Departments & Courses
- Locate the course the students are not receiving credit for
- Click on the edit pencil icon for the course
- Within the pop-up window, click on the Grading tab
- Check to see if the Specify Credits Awarded per Term checkbox is marked
- Unmarked: The system will divide the total credits evenly between each term the course runs (Ex: a full year, 2 term course, worth 1.00 total credit will award .50 credits per term for a student)
- Marked: The system will award credit based on how the credit is distributed on the course offering. The school determines when credit should be awarded; for example, credit may only be awarded at the successful conclusion of a course, so a full year, two-term course worth one credit will award the entire credit on a passing end of term grade at the end of the second semester
- Navigate to onCampus > Academics > Procedure > Offer Course
- Using the filters, locate the course in question
- Click the Edit Credits button
- Assign the credit distribution, which should total the full credit as shown on the course record
NOTE: Currently, the Master Rollover for Academic Groups does NOT roll over credit distribution from the previous year. Please contact Support to submit a request to the Data team to perform that task.