- Right click My Computer and choose Map Network Drive.
- Drive = N
- Folder: = \\servername\npo - servername = the name of the server. If you do not know the name of the server, go to a workstation that has FIMS and look at the N drive in My Computer. It will say NPO on xxxx (xxxx is the name of the server).
- Make sure Reconnect at Logon is checked.
2. FIMS shortcut
- Double click My Computer.
- Double click N drive.
- Right click the New FIMS Shortcut and choose Send To > Desktop.
3. FIMS Workstation Setup.exe
- Find the FIMS Workstation Setup.exe on the FIMS Server (normally in npo\found\fims)
- Click to run
- This installer checks for and installs the following required components to a workstation:
Visual C++ 2005
Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX
4. Resolving Control Frame widget errors – register 2 files. You must do these steps under a Windows account that has full admin rights.
2. Log into the workstation as the Administrator
4. Choose Run as Administrator
5. Type in the following 2 commands separately
If you get an error message then do the following (otherwise skip to step 5):
- Copy the two files (n:\dlc\bin\prox.dll and n:\found\fims\tview4gl.ocx) to the c:\windows\sysWOW64 folder if the machine in question is 64bit. If the machine in question is 32bit then copy those DLLs from the N drive to C:\Windows\System32
2. Open a command prompt window being sure to right-click and run the command prompt window as administrator
3. Type in the following 2 commands separately
For 64 bit machines:
5. Resolving .NET Assemblies Errors. You must do these steps under a Windows account that has full admin rights.
Type: reports.bat n:\dlc\bin\* n:\found\assemblies\* reports.log
Type: type reports.log
If you see the message “Added union code group with “-url” membership condition to the Machine level. Success” then the errors should be resolved.
NOTE: Many times the message above will say successful but really will not be. If the issue or error messages still occur after doing these steps that means that the Windows account under which these steps were done did not have full permission. You will need to log into the workstation with a Windows account that for sure has full admin rights and then do the steps then test the issue under that admin Windows account meaning stay logged in with that admin Windows account but log into FIMS being sure to right-click and run as admin and then test the issues and errors that were occurring. If the errors now do not occur under the full admin account you can then have the end user log back into the machine with their Windows account and the issues and error messages should no longer occur.
6. (Optional) Resolving errors running Graphical Reports
- In FIMS, select: Tools > System Utilities > Run Procedure
- Click Browse and open N:\found\FIMS\TOOLS\loadClrRegardless.p
- Click OK to run the process
- Log out of and back in to FIMS
- Run the graphical report If the error persists, ensure the workstation has Microsoft .NET v2.0.50727
- In Windows Explorer, verify ‘C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727’ exists
- If the folder does not exist, open N:\dlc\install\3party and run dotnetfx.exe -
- When installation is complete, log in to FIMS and run a graphical report.