- Reboot workstation.
- Reboot FIMS server.
- Investigate network (possible bad network cable, port, Ethernet card, switch).
Drive mapping being dropped on the workstations to the server can be caused by the following issues:
2. When shared folders are being mapped by group policy and the action is set for replace rather than update:
If you have changed the setting on the group policy and this issue still occurs, try removing the computer in question from the group policy where the N drive is mapped through and then map the N drive manually on the machine.
Note: We provide links to third-party websites in an effort to help you resolve your issue. We are not responsible for the information on third-party websites, and we cannot assist in implementing the solutions on these websites.
3. Make sure your network adapter does not allow the computer to turn of the device to save power
- Open Device Management > Network Adapters
- Right click on your network adapter and choose Properties
- Go to the Power Management tab
- Uncheck the box that says 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'