For additional examples and explanation on how the Donor Giving Analysis panel is processed, please refer to the RE7 Dashboards User Guide on the Blackbaud website.
- Includes donors who gave the same amount during the specified date range and in the corresponding range in the previous time period.
- If a donor's totals do not match exactly, she is not included. For example, John gave $50 in 2002 and 2003, and Jane gave $30 in 2002 and $40 in 2003. When the panel is run for 2003, John and his $50 are included in the Repeat category; Jane is not included in Repeat because her totals for 2002 and 2003 do not match. Instead she would be included in the Increased column.
- Includes donors who gave more during the specified date range than they gave in the corresponding time period in the previous year.
- In the above example, Jane and her $40 are calculated in the Increased category.
- Includes donors who gave during the date range and have not previously given.
- Does not include Recovered donors.
- Includes totals for donors who gave during the specified date range, did not give during the previous time period, but did prior to the previous time period.
- Let's say John and Jane's dog Spot occasionally donates. Spot gave $500 in 2001 but failed to donate in 2002. After dogged solicitation, Spot donates $600 in 2003. If you run the panel for 2003, Spot and his $600 are included in the Recovered category.
- Includes donors who gave less during the specified date range than they gave in the corresponding period in the previous year.
- For example, let's say Jack gave $60 in 2002 and $50 in 2003. When you run the report for 2003, Jack and his $50 are included in the Decreased category.
Note: The Donor Giving Analysis does not include constituents who have not donated during the specified date range. To find these constituents, run the Non-Contributors, LYBUNT, or SYBUNT reports.
Here is an example of how the dashboard calculates when the date range is set to This Week.
NOTE: If soft credits are selected when editing the Gift Processing in the gift query, soft credit amounts will not report on this Dashboard.
- When filtering on Constituent Code, this is the Constituent Code on the Bio2/Org2 tab. It is not based on the Primary Constituent Code for the filters.
- When using the option 'Breakdown by' - this is based on the constituent's Primary Constituent Code on the Bio2/Org2 tab. If the donor has multiple constituencies, their giving for the dashboard only appears under their Primary Constituent Code.