If your software is hosted through Blackbaud Hosting Services, Contact Support and reference this article.
If your software is not hosted through Blackbaud Hosting Services, follow the below steps:
Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
Note: Print and read all of the following instructions before running the plug-in.
- Log in to the workstation as a local administrator.
- Download the appropriate plug-in for your version of The Raiser's Edge:
- FixPurposeRequired.exe: Versions 7.70 - 7.85
- Save FixPurposeRequired.exe to the local hard drive of any workstation with The Raiser's Edge installed.
- Double-click FixPurposeRequired.exe.
- When prompted, unzip the files into the \Plugins folder on the workstation. (The default path is C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Raisers Edge 7\Plugins.) The EXE file is a self-extracting zip file which contains dobUpdateDBPlugin.vbd, UpdateDB.dat, UpdateDB.mdb, and UpdateDBPlugin.dll.
- Register UpdateDBPlugin.dll on the workstation.
- Have all other users exit and sign out of The Raiser's Edge .
- Log into The Raiser's Edge.
- Click Plug-Ins from the navigation bar. The Plug-Ins screen appears.
- Click the Fix PurposeRequired link.
- Follow the prompts.