If you are hosted by Blackbaud Hosting Services, please refer to Error: An error occurred while attempting to update Postal Saver tools. Please call Blackbaud for further assistance - using Address Accelerator or Postal Saver in a hosted Raiser's Edge.
If your Raiser's Edge is not hosted by Blackbaud, follow each of the steps below, until the issue is resolved:
- Log into the workstation as a local administrator.
- Exit and sign out of The Raiser's Edge.
- Log back in to The Raiser's Edge, go to Tools > User Options.
- On the File Locations tab, make sure the file path beside AddressAccelerator files matches where the AddressAccelerator files are located.
- Make sure that the AddressAccelerator files are up to date.
- Browse out to the location of the AddressAccelerator datafiles to locate the Update.exe.
- Copy and paste the file to the desktop of the affected workstation.
- Double-click to run the Update.exe.
- After the update is complete, log back into Raiser's Edge to try validating an address. You may have to reboot the workstation, if it prompts you.
For additional troubleshooting steps, follow the instructions for How to troubleshoot problems with validating addresses.