Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
- Create a constituent query of the records to be changed.
- Create a constituent export in Comma-Separated Values format based on the query created in step 1.
- On the Output tab, select:
Constituent Information > Import ID
Constituent Information > ID
Note: If you need to see who the constituents are, you can also include the following fields:
Constituent Information > Last Name
Constituent Information > Key Indicator
Constituent Infromation > Org Name
- Click Export Now to create the data file.
- In Excel, open the data file.
- Click the gray box next to Row 1 to highlight the entire row.
- Select Insert, Row from the menu bar.
- Enter the following information in the appropriate columns:
- Column A: ImportID
- Column B: ConsID
Note: If the other fields, such as Last Name, Key Indicator, and Org Name, are included, delete those columns after you finish updating the data file.
- In Column B: ConsID, enter the appropriate value for the constituent ID (e.g. 1). Ensure the values entered do not already exist on other constituent records.
- If you need to partially replace existing constituent IDs, use the Replace function in Excel to partially replace the value.
- Save and close the data file.
- In The Raiser's Edge, import the data file using a constituent import.
- On the General tab, select Update existing records.
- Select all other appropriate options and complete the import process.