- Open a web browser and go to https://bbmsmerchant.blackbaud.com/
- Enter your organization's Site ID and the email address of the primary BBMS contact at your organization
- You will be prompted to verify your organization's address information, select Next
- The next page will notify you that your organization already has a BBMS account set up. Select "Continue" to set up an additional account
- Select a name that is specific to the additional account being created. For example, you can use your Organization's Name then add - Event Registration or -Memberships for ease of reporting.
- Enter in the required bank information for disbursements and click Next
- Enter in the statement descriptor, phone number and email address pertinent to the new account such as OrgName-Events. Click Next.
- Create a new BBMS username and password (This username and password with be used to login to the BBMS web portal for this new account) and click Submit
- Provide documentation to activate this new account (Requirements can be found here: BBMS Account Validation required documentation)
- Log in to the web portal with the new credentials and select Account Management > General settings
- From Account Configurations > Click the ellipses then Edit the Blackbaud Merchant Services (BBMS) account configuration and customize the default name so it is specific to this account. For example: "BBMS General Donation" or "BBMS Event Registration"
- Unmark Maestro as a supported credit card type (for US nonprofits) or unmark Maestro and Discover (for Canadian nonprofits)
Additionally, it is recommended to sign up for email notifications in Blackbaud Merchant Services (BBMS) for this new account
Consult your product user guide to review how to add the new BBMS account if needed as many Blackbaud applications will display new BBMS account on their own.