In the Blackbaud Merchant Services web portal:
- Create a role for MobilePay users.
- To process payments, no features need to be selected
- The Manage Mobile Devices permission should be marked if the users should have authority to approve their own devices upon login to the app.
- If an user needs to be able to view transactions or issue refunds in MobilePay, then additional features will need to be granted
- Add user(s) with the MobilePay role. (A single MobilePay user account can be logged into multiple devices / apps. See note below regarding users.)
- Add a mobile device unique to each phone/tablet. App version 3.7 will use the Security code, versions 3.8+ will use the Device name.
In the Blackbaud MobilePay app:
- Attach reader to phone.
- Open app and enter the User name, Password and Security code or Device name.
Note: All BBMS users will have access to both the BBMS Web Portal and the MobilePay app. To keep your Blackbaud Merchant Services portal secure, only provide MobilePay users with the rights they will need to perform in the MobilePay app, such as Search Transactions, View Transaction Details and Refund when assigning a Role. Additionally, do not use the Blackbaud Merchant Services admin account to log into the app, to prevent locking the admin account, which has the ability to unlock and reset the other user accounts.