- Click Marketing and Communications from the top bar in Altru
- Click Name Format Options under Configuration
- Click the arrow for the name format option that will be used in the mailing > Click Edit
- Click the Organizations tab
- In the Addressee section, select a format to use that is on the primary contact's record.
- In the Salutation section, change the drop down to say Organization contact. Select a name format to use that is on the primary contact's record.
- Click Save
In the mailing, insert addressee and salutation merge fields. If the mailing is to an organization, it will automatically pull the addressee and salutation defined in your Name Format Options. You are able to include both the contact's addressee and the name of the organization in your letter/email, if desired. Additionally, in order to ensure the communication is sent to a contact's address, you will need to ensure that the Address Processing Option that you are using in your mailing is set to mail to organization contacts. For more about Address Processing Options, review this help topic.
Note: If you use this Name Format for other mailings, it will address the primary contact, instead of the organization. If you need a name format to address just organizations and not the primary contact, create a new name format.