Before getting an SSL certificate for your new domain, you must first have registered and own that domain. Please contact your DNS provider (GoDaddy, Network Solutions, Namecheap, etc...) and register your new domain.
When creating the new domain or subdomain, the following must be configured:
- The WhoIs information must reflect the legal name of your organization. For example, Blackbaud's legal name is "Blackbaud, Inc."
- All contact information must lead back to email accounts in your organization which are regularly monitored and may not be accounts opened with free providers such as Hotmail, Gmail or Yahoo.
- Any variants of the domain name must be included in the DNS record (Such as 'www' or other such domain names [example: blackbaud.com, www.blackbaud.com])
- You must have the following email addresses available in your domain and the mailbox associated with each account must be monitored for incoming mail:
When contacting us, please reference this knowledge base article and have the following information at hand:
- The new domain you are getting the SSL certificate for.
- Full, legally registered name of your organization
- Main Corporate Phone Number (Please verify that the phone number is correct. Geotrust, our third party certificate provider, will call your organization at this number to verify your role with the organization.)
- Corporate Street Address
- The full name of the city or locality where your org is located (No abbreviations)
- The two-letter country code where your organization is located (For example, United States would be US)
- The name & contact information (email and phone number) of your Site Administrator or Organizational Contact. (This is the primary contact who will be asked to assist in resolution of any questions related to your SSL Certificate. He or she should be a full time employee of your organization.)
GeoTrust Customer Support
Hours of Operation: Mon - Fri 05:00 - 17:00 (PST)
Phone: 1-866-436-8787 or 1-678-366-8399
Live Chat: http://www.geotrust.com/support
Note: Please be advised that this procedure can take up to 12 business days to complete. If the WhoIs information is not correct or you do not have access to the email addresses listed above, the completion date will be delayed.