Before beginning the procedure below, please engage your IT Department to insure that the following has been done:
- On the machine where Web Services is installed, Is .NET version 4.5.2 installed? If not, stop this procedure and install this.
- Has your IT Department reviewed Firewall Settings for use with Web Services? If not, stop this procedure and have your IT Department review the firewall settings.
- Is your Raiser's Edge version 7.96 Patch 11 or higher? If not, you will be required to upgrade in order to continue troubleshooting. This is due to TLS connection requirements. For more information, please see How is Raiser's Edge Affected by PCI 3.1 and TLS 1.1 requirements?
- Access the computer or server where Blackbaud Web Services is installed, log into The Raiser's Edge, click Web Services, and apply the update for Web Services if one is available.
In order to complete the steps below, you'll need Windows administrator access to the machine that Blackbaud Web Services is installed on.
1. Launch Raiser's Edge by right clicking and selecting "Run as Administrator"
2. Login to Raiser's Edge with the Supervisor username and password.
The Raiser's Edge Web Services used to connect to ResearchPoint may not share a box with the REWS services for Blackbaud NetCommunity (BBNC). BBNC REWS locks down the ports required by the web services in Raiser's Edge for exclusive use by BBNC. Because of this, Raiser's Edge Web Services for ResearchPoint will not be able to connect. You will need to engage Raiser's Edge Web Services for ResearchPoint on a server other than the server used by BBNC REWS.
Please follow the steps below until the error is resolved:
1. Go to RE > Web Services > Blackbaud Web Services
2. Do not touch the ResearchPoint part
3. Click Stop
4. Click Start
5. Searches should work - disable is only on for a second
1. In The Raiser's Edge Click on Blackbaud Web Services.
2. Click on ResearchPoint link
3. Click Deactivate > OK
4. Click Generate Key
5. Enter in Site ID and email address associated with Blackbaud.com profile.
5. Test Connection (It should now be successful)
6. Go back into ResearchPoint The Raiser's Edge integration page.
7. Make sure that the RE database keys match.
8. If they do not match go back into The Raiser's Edge Blackbaud Web Services > ResearchPoint link > copy the database key.
9. Then go to the The Raiser's Edge integration page in ResearchPoint.
10. Click Configure integration.
11. Enter in RE database key.
12. Click Test connection > Save
13. Now click Edit Credentials > enter in Raiser's Edge credentials
14. Click Test credentials > if successful click Save.
If the connection is still not successful...
1. Go to Start and Run
2. Type in "Services.msc"
3. Find Blackbaud Web Services in the list of installed services
4. Right-click and select Properties
5. Go to Log On tab
6. Select the checkbox for This Account and enter valid domain administrator credentials
7. Click Apply and OK then test connection again.
If you are using any of the following software, DO NOT PROCEED WITH THE NEXT STEPS.
- The Raiser's Edge Luminate Online
- Financial Edge WebPurchasing
- Financial Edge WebInvoicing
- Education Edge with integration to other products
- The Raiser's Edge Mobile App
- The Raiser's Edge Events Management
Instead, Contact Support and reference this article with the information requested below.
If you are not using any other products listed above, please continue with these steps:
- Uninstall Web Services from the machine where they are installed.
- Re-install Web Services
- Follow the steps in SOLUTION 2 to generate a new key and proceed from there.
If you cannot get resolution with steps please Contact Support and reference this article and provide the following information:
- Have you ever had this issue before? If yes, please provide the dates.
- Please verify that Web Services is turned on at the server.
- Has Web Services been reinstalled?
- Your organizations Raiser's Edge serial number. (Click Help --> About The Raiser's Edge)
- Is your Raiser's Edge environment on the latest version? If not, stop this procedure and upgrade Raiser's Edge.
- Is your .NET version 4.5.1? If so, upgrade to 4.5.2.
- Has your IT Department reviewed Firewall Settings for use with Web Services?
- Has your IT department pushed any changes around the time that it stopped working? If so, what?
- Do you use any of the software listed above? If so, please let us know in the created case
ALSO NOTE: We provide links to third-party websites in an effort to help you resolve your issue. We are not responsible for the information on third-party websites and cannot assist in implementing the solutions on these websites.