- Log into your Blackbaud ID Account with your Google account.
- Select Blackbaud ID profile from the drop-down next to your name at the top right.
- Click Turn off Google authentication.
- Click Send email.
- Close out and go to the email account associated with the Google user and open the email that was sent.
- Click Reset password link in the email. This will open a new page for the user to set up their new password to use with their account.
- Enter the new password they want to use, confirm it, and make any changes to the name fields that they need to make (name fields will default in if they have a name associated with their Google account, which most users do, but a few may need to complete them if their Google account doesn’t have these values) and click Confirm.
- This will update the user account, log you out, and then return a new Sign in screen with a message saying Google authentication is turned off:
- Enter your password and Sign in and you will be logged in as signing in with Blackbaud.
- If you want to change your Google email address to a work email address, follow I need to change my email address in your records on the website.
- If you have an issue, try resetting your Google password and repeat the steps above.
If you no longer know your Google password or your Google account is deleted, chat with support and reference this article and send them this information:
Your first name
Your last name
Your email address
Have your organization administrator verify with support that we can process this for you.
Review the help files.