- Log into your Blackbaud ID Account with your Google account.
- Select Blackbaud ID profile from the drop-down next to your name at the top right.
- Click Turn off Google authentication.
- Click Send email.
- Close out and go to the email account associated with the Google user and open the email that was sent.
- Click Reset password link in the email. This will open a new page for the user to set up their new password to use with their account.
- Enter the new password they want to use, confirm it, and make any changes to the name fields that they need to make (name fields will default in if they have a name associated with their Google account, which most users do, but a few may need to complete them if their Google account doesn’t have these values) and click Confirm.
- This will update the user account, log you out, and then return a new Sign in screen with a message saying Google authentication is turned off:
- Enter your password and Sign in and you will be logged in as signing in with Blackbaud.
- If you want to change your Google email address to a work email address, follow I need to change my email address in your records on the website.
- If you have an issue, try resetting your Google password and repeat the steps above.
Please keep in mind that a Google account and the Sign in with Google option does not require a gmail.com email address. A Google account can be created with any email address.
If you are receiving the message "This email address is associated with a Google account, click Sign in with Google below" or something similar, at some point you selected "Sign in with Google" and delegated administration of your credentials to Google. In order to disable Google Authentication for your Blackbaud.com account, you must access your own BBID profile and select "Turn off Google Authentication".
Due to security and compliance restrictions, Blackbaud is unable to disable Google authentication on behalf of a user.
If you no longer know your Google password or if your Google account has been deleted, you will need to go through Google's account recovery process:
- Open a Private Browsing or Incognito window.
- Go to Google.com.
- Click “Sign In” in the upper right corner. (blue button)
- Type your email into the email box, and click next.
- Click “Forgot Password” and click next.
- You will be prompted to enter the last password you remember or you can select “Try another way”.
- If that doesn’t work, you may be prompted to obtain a security code from a backup email address you may have provided when signing up for your Google account.
- If that doesn’t work, you may be prompted to answer a security question you set up when signing up for your Google account.
- If that doesn’t work, you will be prompted to provide a current, alternate email address that Google Support can contact you at to assist with accessing your Google account.
If you need immediate access to your Blackbaud account, you can ask your site administrator to invite you to create a new account with an alternate email address.