There are 3 main steps to this process. Creating a place for your files to live, Setting the Security access on the file, and Uploading the file to the correct set of users. These main steps are broken out into great detail below
NOTE: You must have the Platform Manager Role to perform the following actions.
Log into your site and navigate to Core > System Tools > Bulk Upload > Manage User Files
- Click the 'Add Folder' button in the upper right. Step 1 - Define Folder: From here you will add the Folder name which is visible to the end user, the sort order which will help keep your folders organized, and the number of files that will be available to each user. The number of files is not the total number of files you will be uploading but the number of files the end user will see. The number of files can be altered at any time.
- Example: If you are uploading 1 file to 500 users, the number of files in the folder would be 1.
- Step 2 - Create File Names: On this screen you will give your file(s) a sort order and a name that will be displayed to the end user. Once this information is filled in you may click Save & Exit. You also have the option of clicking the Add Another File Name link at the bottom of this screen if you miscalculated the number of files needed on step one.
- Setting Security: Once the File Name is created you'll want to locate your File on the Manage User Files screen and click the Edit button to the right of the file name. From here you may add additional details you would like displayed (Podium Only) and set the security on the file. Scroll down and under Additional Details you will see File Access. Under the "Associations" category in the listing you will see User and Parent of User. These two options are the main choices used. This will give the user you upload the file to access to the file as well as the Parent of that user. If you wish to not give access to the user and are storing the file for administration use, you would not give access to the User but instead, the role(s) you want to have access to this file. Once you are satisfied, click Save & Exit in the upper right. You also have the option here to Cancel changes and Delete the file.
- Once you are back on the Manage User Files Screen and you have completed the above steps you may now move on to Uploading your file! Click the Upload link to the right of the file name. This screen will show you any past jobs processed for the file name you are uploading and also will allow you to upload new files. Click Create New Job in the upper right to begin.
- When creating a job you will need 2 things. The 1st is a CSV to map the files you are uploading to the users you wish to add the files too. On the first screen of creating a job you will find a Sample CSV that has the correct column headers in it to create this map. Once you have your file created you may upload it using the Choose File button and be sure to select User ID or Host ID (based on what you used in the mapping file) to tell the system what to match on. Click Next
- On the second screen the system will analyze your file and tell you how many valid users are in your file, as well as how many errors. If you have errors please correct them in your CSV and restart the process. If you are clear of error you may now click "Save & Upload Files"
- Click the Upload Files button and Choose the files you wish to upload. Once the file is uploaded be sure to click Save & Process. Clicking Save & Exit here only saves the job and does not process it.