- Export existing journal entry batches.
- In Administration, Update Fund Transaction Requirements. Note: Before you proceed with updating the fund transaction requirements, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
- After updating, all transactions for the fund will have been given the default value. Create reversing batches for all posted batches.
- Post the reversing batches.
- Import the original transactions that were not overwritten with default values.
Alternatively: Data services is a costed service available from Blackbaud to assist with beginning this change.
Blackbaud offers this service to un-post all batches and unlock beginning balances within The Financial Edge. This will allow transaction requirements to be adjusted on the Fund records within The Financial Edge without overwriting existing data. Your organization would still be responsible for making changes after the unlocking to fund requirements, re-locking beginning balances and re-posting all journal entry batches prior to working or posting any other information within The Financial Edge. Please contact Sales if you would like to know more or receive a quote.