- Download the zip file from our FTP site.
- Unzip the files and save to a location on your workstation.
- Add the Constituent Attributes listed below to your database.
Employee (with a Data Type of Text)
Education (with a Data Type of Text)
Procedure (with a Data Type of Text)
Athletics (with a Data Type of Text)
Affiliation (with a Data Type of Text)
Other (with a Data Type of Text)
Distribution (with a Data Type of Text)
Restrictions (with a Data Type of Text)
Program Guide (with a Data Type of Text)
Online Form (with a Data Type of Text)
4. In Raiser's Edge Select Administration and then import
5.Double Click Constituent to create a new constituent batch
6. On the General Tab Select To Import New Records, Validate Batch Only, and Create New Table Entries
7. Select to Automatically Reciprocate Relationships
8.In the What file to you wish to import? field, browse to the location of the TXT file you saved earlier
9.Select Use Import ID to Identify existing constituents
10. Leave the format of the import file selected as delimited
11. On the File Layout tab, select Tab for Field Separators and Text Qualifiers.
12. On the Fields tab, ensure all fields are mapped (For each Field to import there should be a corresponding Raiser's Edge field).
13. On the Summary tab, mark the Create exception file of records not updated/imported check box and name the file C:\Exceptions.txt and check the create control report check box and select preview.
14. Click Validate Now to validate the matching gift information.
15. If there are no exceptions, uncheck the validate data only box on the general tab and repeat the above steps.